Michigan chocolate? Oh, yes – from local producers. I’m always looking for Michigan producers to support. Here’s my truffle recipe using Michigan products. I am happy to share it with you all below. It makes about 24 round bits of deliciousness.
2 – 3.5 ounce Mindo 67% or 77% chocolate bars
2 Tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of Chateau Chantal Cerise
¼ cup dried cherries
¼ cup coconut oil
Toppings such as Just Good Chocolate, LLC cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.
1. Soak the dried cherries in hot water for a couple of minutes until they rehydrate. Chop them up into small pieces
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
3. Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir in the Cerise, chopped cherries, and the coconut oil.
4. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour until it is solid enough to form balls.
5. Form into balls and roll into the desired topping.
6. Chill again until they are easy to handle and enjoy.
I wish for you all much love for Valentine’s Day.
Want to learn more about seasonal eating? SUBSCRIBE