My quest to eat healthy food includes fries! Not the type you typically think of; I make them from delicata squash. I love this long, small, sweet-tasting squash cooked in many ways. Here’s my fry recipe.
1 medium delicata squash
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Ketchup or aioli for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 – 475 degrees.
2. Wash the squash well using a vegetable brush to remove soil.
3. Cut the ends off, and then cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and membrane.
4. Cut into about 3/8 inch slides, and place on a baking sheet.
5. Toss them with olive oil. Spread them around so they don’t touch each other.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Then, flip them and bake for another 5 minutes – or until soft through and roasted as desired. I like mine to be starting to caramelize.
7. Sprinkle with salt and serve with ketchup or aioli.